Pupil Premium Statement
The pupil premium is funding in addition to the school’s budget. Schools are free to decide how to allocate this funding to best support the raising of attainment for the most vulnerable pupils but are required to report on the spend under the school information regulations 2012.
Through pupil premium funding the school has endeavoured, year on year, to:
- Provide additional Teaching Assistant support,
- Deliver personalised intervention programmes,
- Work with parents to support learning,
- Provide extra-curricular activities at low or no cost,
- Subsidise residential visits,
- Provide music tuition at no cost.
In 2019/2020 the funding is £4042 for 5 children. The impact of this money will be reviewed in summary in September 2020 and to inform provision on a termly basis through results analysis and staff pupil / parent discussions.
This year’s allocation will be used to offset barriers to learning such as:
- The lack of access to wider curriculum opportunities,
- The development of language and comprehension,
- The ability to relate to social groups and to play and work in small and large groups,
- Attendance at school staying above 95%