Skye Nicholson is leaving us today and moving to a school near Pilling, we wish her well.
Juniors have been Street Dancing this morning, with a dance teacher. There appeared to be some good movers as I walked through the hall! Thank you to Mrs Cook for organising.
We hope everyone has a relaxing half-term and that Storm Dennis isn’t too disruptive!
Parent Help Morning. Thank you to the parents who came along to help Mr Stafford-Roberts last Saturday morning. They managed to get a few jobs done.
Assembly at Church. On Wednesday 26th February the whole school will be going to church for the 10am Ash Wednesday Service. Parents, grandparents, friends and other relatives are very welcome to join us. An information sheet is enclosed in today’s Friday bag.
Life Education. Coram Life Education will be visiting school once again on Friday 28th February. Parents are more than welcome to attend a specifically planned session between 9:00am to 9.15am to hear more about the programme.
There will be no parent assembly as the hall will be being used for the Life Education Tent.
World Book Day – 5th March. We are inviting all the children and staff to come to school dressed as their favourite book character on Thursday 5th March to celebrate World Book Day; they can also bring the book containing the character to share with other pupils. Student council will be collecting £1 from each child to donate to this year’s chosen charity. World Book Tokens will be included in the Friday bags after half- term.
Bikeability – 18th & 19th March. All of our year 5 and 6 pupils will be undertaking Bikeability training on Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th March. Bikeability is a cycling proficiency course giving children the skills and confidence to cycle in today’s traffic conditions. In this week’s bag, parents of participating children will find a letter regarding the training, an ‘M Check’ to ensure your child’s bike is roadworthy, plus a consent form which needs to be completed and returned ahead of the training. This course is fully funded by Lancashire County Council and bears no cost to parents.
Library Books. Mrs Rosie kindly comes into school on Thursdays to help the children change their library books. She mentioned this week that a lot of junior pupils are forgetting to bring their books back, please try and help them to remember; the books do belong to school.
Dates for this term:-
- Monday 17th Feb – Half Term Week
- Monday 24th Feb – Back to School after Half Term
- Wednesday 26th Feb – Ash Wednesday Service in Church 10am
- Friday 28th Feb – Life Education Tent
- Friday 28th Feb – No Parent Assembly
- Thursday 5th March – World Book Day
- Monday 9th March – Parents’ Evening
- Saturday 14th March – PTA Jumble Sale
- Wednesday 18th March – Year 5 & 6 Bikeability
- Thursday 19th March – Year 5& 6 Bikeability
- Friday 20th March – PTA Race Night
- Wednesday 25th March – Cluster Tag Rugby
- Friday 27th March – School closes at 3:30pm for Easter Holiday
- Tuesday 14th April – School re-opens for Summer Term