Welcome back; it’s the Summer Term already! We hope everyone had a good Easter holiday and is ready for the busy term ahead. Henry Brocklesby has joined us in year 3 this week; we are sure everyone will help him settle in and we hope he will be very happy here. Included at the end of this newsletter are all the events we currently have planned for this term.
Curriculum. Here at Hornby St. Margaret’s we believe that our curriculum should be broad, engaging and above all a curriculum of excellence – rooted in the development of knowledge and core skills. Staff have been working in school to develop our curriculum, ensuring it is tailored to the needs of our children. Included in Friday bags this week, is a curriculum topic sheet detailing learning experiences for this half term. Please note that throughout each theme we are working on the development of writing skills, helping our children to become problem solvers, linking key Christian/British Values and thinking about ourselves as members of a local, national and global community. Feel free to ask us if you have any questions about the curriculum.
Reception Sight Test. There is a letter in all reception pupils Friday bags following the sight test they had earlier in the week.
Wray Scarecrow Walk. The whole school will be walking to Wray to view all the scarecrows on Tuesday morning (30th April), an information sheet giving further details is included in the bag today. Parents are welcome to join us on the walk, please pop a note in the bag on Monday to let us know that you intend to come.
Gardening Club. Sarah Norton and Alison Rees are hoping to start Gardening Club again and are planning to run it on a Wednesday after school. If your child would like to be involved, please complete the slip at the end of today’s newsletter. It will probably run for 45 minutes and will either be every week or we may need to split the group into 2 and pupils stay alternate weeks depending on interest.
Dates for this half-term
- Tuesday 30th April – Scarecrow Walk
- Monday 6th May – Bank Holiday, No School
- Tuesday 21st May – Parent meeting for Edinburgh 6pm
- Friday 24th May – School Closes for Half Term Holiday
- Monday 3rd June – School Re-opens after Half Term
- Thursday 13th June – Whole School Photo
- Monday 17th June – Big Sing
- Tuesday 18th June – Years 5/6 Shakespeare Day
- Wednesday 19th June – Years 4/5/6 Rugby Day at Kirkby Lonsdale Rugby Club
- Friday 21st June – Cluster Rounders Tournament at Hornby
- Monday 1st July to Wednesday 3rd July – Years 5/6 Trip to Edinburgh
- Monday 8th July – Sports Day
- Tuesday 9th July – Whole School Trip to Haverthwaite / Windermere
- Monday 15th July – Junior Tower Wood Day
- Tuesday 16th July – Infant Tower Wood Day
- Thursday 18th July – School Closes for the Summer Holidays!