PTA Christmas Fair – Saturday 1st December 12noon-2pm.
Thank you to everyone who has so generously donated items for the Christmas Fair and bought raffle tickets in advance; it should be a really good event. Please do come along for 12noon tomorrow and invite all your family and friends!
Rewind to Christmas.
The year 5 pupils have been invited to Ingleton Methodist Church on Thursday 6th December to join in some Christmas Celebrations and activities along with children from other local schools. An information sheet is included in their bags today.
Confirmation – Visit of Bishop Jill.
The new Bishop of Lancaster, Bishop Jill Duff, will be leading a service in church for all the junior pupils at 2:30pm on Monday 10th December. Several junior children will be getting confirmed during the service. Please do try and join us; the service is open to everyone, and relatives and friends of junior pupils will be especially welcome to attend.
Christmas Performances – Tuesday 18th December.
There will be two performances in the school hall again this year. The morning performance will be at 9:30am and the evening one at 6pm (please note the time change from last week’s newsletter which said 6:30pm). Fire regulations mean we are limited to the number of people we can squeeze into the hall. The tickets will be free and we will as usual hold a charity collection at the end of each performance. Please complete the slip at the end of the newsletter to request your tickets, the evening performance is always very busy, so if anyone can come in the morning you will get a better view!
Costumes need to be in school by Friday 7th December ready for the dress rehearsal on the morning of Tuesday 11th December.
Christmas Pantomime – Thursday, 20th December.
Thank you to all the parents who have sent in their contributions towards the cost of this trip. Please send any remaining ones in the bag on Monday, the slip is at the end of the newsletter again this week.
Included in all Friday Bags today is a small book about Christmas for each child. Mrs Hamlett has talked to the children about these today in assembly. We hope you enjoy sharing the books.
- Saturday 1st Dec – PTA Christmas Fair 12noon to 2pm
- Thursday 6th Dec – Y5 Rewind to Christmas
- Monday 10th Dec – Confirmation Service at St Margaret’s Church 2:30pm
- Wednesday 12th Dec – Final Golf Session
- Thursday 13th Dec – Last Swimming Session this term
- Tuesday 18th Dec – Christmas Performances 9:30am and 6pm
- Wednesday 19th Dec – Christmas Activity Day
- Wednesday 19th Dec – School Council Christmas Jumper Day
- Thursday 20th Dec – Panto Visit in Morning, Christmas Party in Afternoon
- Friday 21st Dec – Carol Service at Church 2:30pm
- Friday 21st Dec – End of Term
- Monday 7th Jan – School reopens for Spring Term