The Hill family joined school this week, so we welcome Nathan into year 6, Leo into year 5 and Dexter into year 2. We are sure they will be very happy here.
Next week is a relatively quiet week in school, before the excitement of Christmas starts!
Upper Junior Netball Competition. We are really pleased to be able to tell you that the Netball Team won the Lune Valley Schools Tournament on Wednesday afternoon, we are very proud of them and will be getting the trophy engraved.
Christmas Pantomime. This year, the whole school will be visiting The Dukes in Lancaster to see Peter Pan on Thursday, 20th December. The total cost of the trip will be £16 per child; the PTA have very kindly agreed to help fund this trip, so we are just asking parents for a contribution of £5 per child. PTA are pleased to be able to offer financial support, but do rely on parents supporting all their fundraising events to be able to continue with this. Further information regarding the trip times will follow nearer the date.
PTA Christmas Fair – Saturday 1st December 12noon-2pm
- Any further raffle prizes eg vouchers can be given to Michelle Norris or Helen Rosie or left in the school office any time next week.
- Thank you to those of you who have bought raffle tickets. Ticket stubs and money can be returned this week, further tickets available if needed and will also be on sale at the fair.
- If you have any smaller prizes which would be suitable for the tombola stall they would be much appreciated as this is usually a very popular stall. Please leave them in reception or pass them to a PTA committee member.
- Decorated jars should be left in the entrance hall from Monday 26th to Friday 30th November. Please ensure the jars are named discreetly so we know who the winners are! Examples from last year will can be viewed on our Facebook page. Please see last week’s newsletter for more info or ask a committee member.
- Donations for the cake stall can be dropped off in the entrance hall on Friday 30th November.
- We are still short of a couple of volunteers to help run the stalls, sign-up sheet is outside Mrs Sharpe’s office. We will also need help setting up on Friday from 3:30pm.
Thank you for your support with this event. Any further questions, please ask!
- Saturday 1st Dec – PTA Christmas Fair 12noon to 2pm
- Thursday 6th Dec – Y5 Rewind to Christmas
- Monday 10th Dec – Confirmation Service at St Margaret’s Church 2:30pm
- Wednesday 12th Dec – Final Golf Session
- Thursday 13th Dec – Last Swimming Session this term
- Tuesday 18th Dec – Christmas Performances 9:30am and 6:30pm
- Wednesday 19th Dec – Christmas Activity Day
- Wednesday 19th Dec – School Council Christmas Jumper Day
- Thursday 20th Dec – Panto Visit in Morning, Christmas Party in Afternoon
- Friday 21st Dec – Carol Service at Church 2:30pm
- Friday 21st Dec – End of Term
- Monday 7th Jan – School reopens for Spring Term