We can all breathe a sigh of relief now the year 6 SATS are over. Everyone enjoyed the Royal Wedding Picnic and Activity Afternoon yesterday; it was a lovely way for the year 6 pupils to relax!
The Story of Light
Year 3 and 4 children will be joining the pupils from Leck to travel to Bentham Methodist Church to spend the morning of Tuesday 22nd May exploring The Story of Light. A detailed information sheet is included in their Friday bag today, they will be back in school in time for lunch.
Assembly at St Margaret’s Church
The whole school will be walking over to Church on Wednesday 23rd May for a service at 10am; as always we would love parents and friends to join us. An information sheet is included in the Friday bag today.
Walk to School
We plan to hold our next walk to school on Friday 25th May. As last time, staff will meet children in the park opposite the Institute at 8:20am and everyone will walk up to school together. We will need a couple of parents to walk with us please. We will provide the children who walk with a breakfast style treat, but please do ensure they have breakfast at home beforehand too.
After School Clubs
Next week will be the final week for all the after school clubs. We have offered a good variety of clubs this year and hope the children have enjoyed them. The next half-term is fairly busy with sports events and trips, so there won’t be any after school clubs. We will of course offer various clubs again next academic year, look out for details in September Newsletters.
Text reminders have been sent out today to parents with outstanding balances of more than 2 weeks. Please log onto www.eduspot.co.uk and you will be able to view your account and make payments. Paper bills are included in some bags today and we are happy to issue paper bills to any other families that would prefer to continue paying by either cash or cheque.
Recorder bills are also included in the bags if your child has lunchtime lessons with Mrs Smithson.
PTA SUMMER FAIR 16th June 11am-1pm
Following our planning meeting yesterday we now have a list of stalls we would like to run at the Summer Fair. So that we can plan further we will be placing a sign-up sheet in the school entrance hall by Mrs. Sharpe’s office from Monday and we would be very grateful if anyone who can help out on the day would sign their name next to the stall they would like to help with. If you would like to sign up in pairs and do a one-hour shift each that would also be fine. Alternatively, please let a committee member know or leave us a message on our Facebook page if you would like to help in some way.
If you are having a clear out over half term we would be very grateful if you could save any toys, books and bric-a-brac you no longer want for the Summer Fair. We will let you know after half term when donations can be dropped off. We would also be very grateful for donations of raffle prizes – eg bottles of wine, boxes of chocolates, smellies etc – and smaller prizes for the tombola, which was VERY popular at the Christmas fair! Many thanks in advance.
Dates for this half-term
- Tuesday 22nd May – Years 3 & 4 to Bentham Chapel for Story of Light
- Wednesday 23rd May – Church Service 10am
- Friday 25th May – Walk to School 8:20am
- Friday 25th May – School closes at 3:30pm for Half Term Holiday!
Dates for next half-term
- Monday 4th June – School re-opens after Half Term
- Saturday 16th June – PTA Summer Fair 11am to 1pm
- Monday 18th June – Infants Forest School
- Tuesday 19th June – Whole School Trip to Blackburn then Preston
- Friday 22nd June – Rounder’s Tournament
- Tuesday 26th June – Year 6 QES Induction Morning
- Wednesday 27th June – Year 6 Girls Grammar School Induction Day
- Monday 2nd to Wednesday 4th July – Junior Arnside Residential
- Tuesday 3rd July – Infant visit to Leighton Moss to meet Junior Children
- Friday 6th July – PTA Bingo Evening
- Tuesday 10th July – Sports Day
- Thursday 12th July – Infant Tower Wood Day
- Friday 13th July – Junior Tower Wood Day
- Monday 16th July – Swimming Gala at Ingleton Outdoor Pool
- Thursday 19th July – Leavers’ Service
- Thursday 19th July – School Closes for Summer Holidays at 3:30pm!
School re-opens for pupils on Tuesday 4th September.