The next couple of weeks are relatively quiet in school leading up to SATS week starting on Monday 14th May for year 6 children. Please encourage your child not to worry about these. They do need to be at school to try their best and that is always good enough.
We have tried to include as many of the important dates for next half term at the end of this newsletter to help everyone plan!
Parents Help Morning
Thank you to the families who came to help last Saturday Morning. We managed to get quite a few jobs done and school looks better for it.
The junior children are well underway with their designs. Please could we ask that each child brings in two different sized boxes (e.g. a cereal box and a tissue box or similar, but nothing too big please). These need to be in school by Wednesday next week (9th May). Thank you.
The total charge for school meals this term is £63.80, 29 days at £2.20. Text reminders have been sent today to parents with outstanding balances. If you log onto www.eduspot.co.uk you will be able to view your child’s account. It is possible to add money to cover lunches still to be taken, if this works best for you. Included in some Friday bags are paper bills detailing outstanding balances, if anyone else would prefer to pay this way just let us know.
It has come to our attention that many children in school, particularly junior pupils, have the game Roblox on their tablets at home. This game has a chat room which is open to the public, so we advise that you check the settings on the tablet if your child has this game.
We are planning to hold the annual Summer Fair on Saturday 16th June from 11am – 1pm. There will be all the usual stalls and lots of games for the children to enjoy so we will need your help planning, setting up and helping behind stalls on the day, so please put the date in your diary and keep it free for us if you can!
We are also holding a family Bingo evening on Friday 6th July. There will be prizes to win and refreshments and snacks on sale. More details will follow nearer the time.
We are holding our next planning meeting on Friday 11th May at 7pm at 26 Station Road (Michelle’s house!), we look forward to seeing you then!
Remember there is no school on Monday, it’s May Day!
Dates for this half-term
- Monday 7th May – Bank Holiday, No School!
- Monday 14th May – SATS week for year 6 pupils
- Thursday 17th May – Whole School Photo
- Thursday 17th May – Royal Wedding Picnic Lunch
- Friday 18th May – Cricket Tournament
- Tuesday 22nd May – Years 3 & 4 to Bentham Chapel for Story of Light
- Wednesday 23rd May – Church Service 10am
- Friday 25th May – School closes at 3:30pm for Half Term Holiday!
Dates for next half-term
- Monday 4th June – School re-opens after Half Term
- Saturday 16th July – PTA Summer Fair 11am to 1pm
- Monday 18th June – Infants Forest School
- Friday 22nd June – Rounders Tournament
- Tuesday 26th June – Year 6 QES Induction Morning
- Monday 2nd to Wednesday 4th July – Junior Arnside Residential
- Tuesday 3rd July – Infant visit to Leighton Moss to meet Junior Children
- Friday 6th July – PTA Bingo Evening
- Tuesday 10th July – Sports Day
- Thursday 12th July – Infant Tower Wood Day
- Friday 13th July – Junior Tower Wood Day
- Monday 16th July – Swimming Gala at Ingleton Outdoor Pool
- Thursday 19th July – Leavers’ Service
- Thursday 19th July – School Closes for Summer Holidays at 3:30pm!
School re-opens for pupils on Tuesday 4th September.