Payment Cards for Arnside Trip. Parents of those children taking part in next year’s residential visit to Arnside will find a payment card in this week’s bag. This is to help you keep track of payments and spread the cost of the trip. The total cost is £100.00 per child, if you have not yet paid the deposit, please do send this in as soon as possible. The rest can be paid in instalments between now and the end of March. Please make sure that you send all payments into school with the card provided. Any cheques should be made payable to Lancashire County Council.
Reception Children. Included in all the reception children’s bags today is a letter from the school nurse.
Last Swimming Session. Children in years 3, 4 & 5 will swim for the last time this term on Wednesday 29th November.
The Snow Dragon at Brewery Art Centre, Kendal. We are taking all the children to an afternoon performance of this Christmassy show on Tuesday 5th December. School will be covering the full cost of the tickets and PTA have again kindly agreed to fund the cost of the coach to Kendal, so there will be no charge to families for the trip.
Presents and Prosecco Night
We are all set for our best ever Presents and Prosecco night, with great stalls and lovely raffle prizes! We look forward to seeing many of you there tonight for a relaxed evening of shopping and fizz – including non-alcoholic of course! Don’t forget, entry is available without a ticket, simply pay on the door.
The Christmas card proofs designed by the children have arrived and are included in the bag today, each card will contain a printed greeting of “Merry Christmas” inside that does not appear on the proof. Please can all orders be return to school by next Friday 24th November at the latest, so they can be ordered and passed onto you as soon as possible.
Christmas Fair – Saturday 2nd December 12noon to 2pm
- If anyone has any additional raffle prizes eg vouchers donated by a local business, please pass them on to Michelle Norris so they can be added to the growing list of great prizes. And watch this space regarding the wonderful hampers we will be making with your generous donations, many thanks for those. The box in reception will remain for another week for anyone who still wishes to donate. Raffle tickets will be on sale soon….
- If you have any smaller (new) prizes suitable for the tombola or lucky dip, please leave them in the box in reception or pass to one of the PTA committee members.
- We are running the decorated jars competition again this year. If your child would like to enter the competition, simply give them a clean, empty coffee/ jam jar etc, ask them to decorate it along a festive theme, and fill it with wrapped sweets/ chocolates. There will be a prize for the best one in infants, lower juniors and upper juniors (judged by an impartial adjudicator of course!) We then have a tombola stall at the fair where children can pay £1 and select a ticket to win a jar at random. There will be a couple of examples in the entrance hall from next week, and some pics on Facebook, to give you some ideas if you are new to this, or feel free to grab one of us in the playground if you have any questions. Please can we have all jars handed in by Friday 1st December so they can be judged before the fair on 2nd December. The prizes will be awarded at the Christmas activity day.
Christmas Play Costumes
We are introducing a new idea this year. If you have any unwanted costumes in good condition which your children have outgrown, if you wish you can donate them to the PTA. We will then offer them to parents to buy second-hand for a donation to the PTA in a similar way to donated outgrown uniform. Please can any donations of costumes be given to Megan Norris asap. Parents needing to obtain costumes for this year’s play, please check with Megan before paying the full shop price for one, and grab yourself a bargain!
- Friday 17th Nov – PTA Prosecco & Presents Night 7pm
- Wednesday 27th Nov – Last Swimming Session this term
- Saturday 2nd Dec – School Christmas Fair 12noon – 2pm
- Tuesday 5th Dec – The Snow Dragon at Brewery Art Centre, Kendal
- Thursday 7th Dec – Year 5 Rewind to Christmas
- Thursday 7th Dec – Last Sewing Club Session
- Tuesday 12th Dec – Christmas Performances 9:30am and 6:30pm
- Wednesday 13th Dec – Carol Service at St Margaret’s Church at 6pm
- Tuesday 19th Dec – Christmas Activity Day
- Thursday 21st Dec – End of Term
- Monday 8th Jan – School reopens for Spring Term