Roald Dahl Day.
Everyone had a lovely day on Wednesday enjoying lots of activities related to Roald Dahl books. Thank you for all the effort put into the costumes that the children came in, they all looked wonderful.
The sun shone, even if it was a little muddy and everyone seemed to have a good time.
Thank you to everyone who has completed all the forms included in last week’s bag. Please could we appeal for any outstanding ones to be returned in the bag on Monday. It is important that we always have the most up-to-date information regarding all the children.
The PTA AGM will take place on Monday, 18th September, at 2:30pm in the school hall. All welcome!
Swimming lessons begin on Wednesday 20th September for pupils in years 3, 4 & 5, so please ensure that you help your child remember their swimming kit each week. The children do not have to wear swimming hats, the teacher just wants their hair to be away from their faces. Goggles can be worn, we suggest that you attach your child’s name.
Year 6 pupils will remain in school and have some time when they can be taught specific skills in their important final year.
All junior children will visit the School Library on Thursday 21st September, please remember that they can if they wish bring in a book they are enjoying at home.
Mrs Rosie will start Sewing Club on Thursday 21st September after school, if any more year 5 or 6 children would like to join in just let Mrs Sharpe know.
The school photographer is coming into school at 1.15pm on Friday 22nd September to take individual and family group photographs. Families with younger siblings are welcome to come into school at the start of the session to have a photograph taken with their older brothers and sisters.
Macmillan Coffee Morning
PTA are busy planning the Coffee Morning for Friday 29th September. Help is needed setting up, serving and clearing away, they plan to work on a rota basis so everyone gets to sit down and enjoy coffee and cake. There will be a sheet in entrance hall next week for volunteers to sign up. Donations of raffle prizes and cakes would be greatly received; raffle prizes can be left with Mrs Sharpe at the front of school and cakes either brought on the morning or night before. We will start serving at 10am and plan to draw the raffle just before 11:30am, spread the word amongst family and friends.
- Sunday 17th Sept – Monthly Youth Led Service 10:45am St Margaret’s Church
- Monday 18th Sept – PTA AGM in school 2:30pm
- Wednesday 20th Sept – Swimming starts for years 3,4 & 5
- Thursday 21st Sept – Library for junior pupils
- Thursday 21st Sept – Sewing Club for years 5&6 3:30-4:30pm
- Friday 22nd Sept – Individual School Photographs (PM)
- Friday 29th Sept – Macmillan Coffee Morning 10 –11:30am
- Sunday 1st Oct – Harvest Festival Service 10:45am St Margaret’s Church
- Monday 2nd Oct – Reception Children Parent Meeting at 5pm
- Monday 9th Oct – Parent Meetings and School Nurse
- Friday 20th Oct – Teacher Training Day
- Monday 30th Oct – Back to School after Half Term